aNaMaRiA ~ artblog

Monday, October 17, 2011

PASSAGES: Installation and conversation / Instalación y conversación

And if you don't mind me asking... Why did you come to Australia?...
Y si no le molesta mi atrevimiento... ¿Usted por qué vino a Australia?...

What was it that made you leave your country?
¿Qué le hizo abandonar su país?

I looked at the gentle blue eyes and thought: "...I truly can't explain it any more!"
Me quedé mirándole esos ojos gentiles y azules y pensé:
"...honestamente ya no puedo explicarlo!"


We came, we left, we returned, we stayed.
Vinimos, nos fuimos, regresamos, nos quedamos.

It all started like a Walkabout. It still is.
Todo comenzó como un Walkabout, un ritual de paso. Todavía es.

Just like in Passages, I would have to study the fragments of my life, see myself and...
Como en Pasajes, tendría que estudiarme los fragmentos de la vida, verme y...

...describe who I was and why: an incomplete definition.
...describir quién era y por qué: una definición incompleta.

The whole is unexplainable, the pieces can't be quiet and still.
El total es indescifrable, las piezas no logran estar calladas ni quietas.

They ask, they never answer.
Ellas preguntan, nunca responden.

So the walkabout is being walked. And I am here.
El ritual de paso se está recorriendo. Y yo estoy aquí.

Existing in transition
En transición, existiendo.

Photographs by Carlos A. Marnique C.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment / Comentario