aNaMaRiA ~ artblog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Sister ...first stages

©2008. The Dog (My Sister series)
These photographs show the painting process for the first image of my picture book MY SISTER. The painting is 60 x 80 cm and was made using acrylics on wooden canvas. It took me between 9 and 12 hours to complete without mentioning the time spent on the conceptual development! I find that painting, as any other art technique, is a conversation between the artist and the artwork, and even though the final image does not look like the one I had in mind before starting, thanks to this conversation, this image is soooo much better!!! I really enjoyed working on it! :)

Estas fotografías muestran el proceso de creación de la primera imagen del libro-álbum MI HERMANA. La pintura mide 60 x 80 cm y la hice usando acrílicos sobre madera. En total me demoré entre 9 y 12 horas para completarla, eso sin mencionar el tiempo empleado en el desarrollo conceptual! Y es que pintar, como cualquier otro medio de expresión, es una conversación entre el artista y su obra, y aunque el resultado de esta imagen en particular no se parece al que tenía en mente antes de comenzar, es muuuchooo mejor gracias a esta conversación!!! Disfruté muchísimo y no me importan las canas que vinieron con el proceso! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment / Comentario